Yey! I made banana cakes. From scratch!
But before that, please let me lay out a bit of a back story first:
When we were in high school, we have home economic classes where for one quarter, us girls learned how to cook basic dishes and bake a simple cake. We were divided in groups and each one had a designated task. There was one who’s in charge of the ingredients, the actual baking and the cake’s decoration. I knew I was helpless and honestly, not interested, in the kitchen so I wasn’t part of any of that.
My contribution? I volunteered to have the cake stored in our fridge since the HE room’s fridge was not big enough to keep all of our finished cakes. Haha! Napakahelpful!
Having said that, I can pretty much say that I have come a long way. Naks!
For some time now, I’ve been interested in cooking and baking. I’d watch youtube tutorial and read food blogs dedicated for kitchen noobs like me for hours. My phone’s gallery is also literally full of screenshots of recipes and baking tips I found online.
Then I figured, why not try making banana cakes?
I love them and can be a nice healthy meryenda for the kids. I also wanted to see if I can sell it at work. Added raket for this Christmas season😀
This is a pretty easy to follow recipe that I found online. I just modified it a bit since I’m using a turbo broiler to bake it as I don’t have an oven yet.
MOIST BANANA CAKE RECIPE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- Sift and combine all the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until evenly distributed.
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, cooking oil, vanilla essence) then mix well with the dry ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Add in the chocolate chips. You can also add nuts or Nutella.
- Grease your pans and pour in the mixture. I didn’t have any loaf pans on hand so I used a round cake pan and my llaneras.
- Preheat the turbo broiler at 350F or 170C then bake the mixture for 30 minutes.
6. Carefully remove pan from the broiler and allow to cool down.
7. Transfer the banana bread on a serving plate and enjoy!